5 Steps To Perfect Hair
Your hair is your crowning glory. Look after it and it will shine for all the world to see. You don’t always need expensive treatments, or visits to a hair salon to manage your hair. There’s so much you can do yourself. As a professional hairstylist, I encourage my clients to take good care of their hair at home because it makes your visits to the salon even better when your hair is healthy.
- For shiny, healthy hair think first of your body’s intake. Your hair is really just a reflection of what you are inside. A good balanced, nutritious, and healthy diet will do more to make your hair shine than any shampoo or conditioner. And drink eight to ten glasses of water a day too; hair is 25% water, so don’t let yours go thirsty!
- Dry your hair after washing in the ambient temperature of your room after using an absorbent towel to soak up the excess moisture, but don’t rub hard. If possible, don’t use blow-drying, flat irons, curling irons or hot rollers. Artificial heating will leave your hair brittle and damaged in time. Be natural whenever you can.
- Prevent unnecessary hair damage by using the right kind of hairbrush. Only comb wet hair with a wide-tooth comb, combing from root to end, but avoiding touching the root. Detangling wet hair with a hard steel comb can create a lot of damage, so don’t!
- Eliminate stress and get plenty of sleep.
- Hair loss can be slowed, or even reversed by applying a few simple tips. Note: they probably won’t cure an underlying condition. Biotin can help to regenerate hair follicles. Supplements such as Vitamin B6 and zinc will help too.
We are all obsessed with our hair, whether we are 9 or 90, male or female. Look after yourself first and foremost and your hair will reflect that care and attention. The Biblical Samson’s strength lay in his fine flowing hair. Your hair reflects your strength too.